Monday, January 24, 2011

In Memory of Bruce

Bruce Ferguson Obit


Bruce and his writings taught generations of NW fishermen about flyfishing for salmon in the saltwater.  

I had the pleasure to have Bruce as a guest on my boat out at Neah Bay in the early 2000's.  What I remember most was his excitement being on the water whether it was seeing large areas of salmon feeding on krill or viewing the large number of birds offshore.  I also remember that he wanted to match the hatch fishing exact patterns for the krill, which meant less fish hooked but seeing his joy on his face after hooking up his own way was priceless.  This lesson took awhile to sink in, but I soon realized the joy in not always fishing the most effective way and going your own way.  Thanks for the lesson Bruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment