Friday, January 4, 2013

Blackmouth Quest - Day 3

I talked about hooking rocks in an earlier blackmouth post and thought I would post a picture of one of my recent catches.



I did get out for a about an hour today.  Birds were working and I marked some bait on the sounder.  No fish to hand but only made about three drifts through the spot during a ripping ebb current.  It was nice to get out on a day with no wind.  The peace and quiet of drifting with the engines off is a nice change of pace from the past few trips where I needed to use the kicker to back into the drift.

I fished the Mushmouth pattern and it looked good in the water.  I'm going to attempt to incorporate some weight into the pattern without changing the look of it too much.

Every chance on the water is another opportunity to learn something new.  The lack of fish can be trying, but I still have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment